Nevada County steps up to support our most vulnerable neighbors and small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Overview of the Small Business Grants Program
The immediate goal of the Small Business Grants Program is to direct vital resources to struggling small businesses to help cover key expenses until they reopen or resume normal operation.
- Applicants may apply for up to $5,000 in funds.
- Successful applicants will receive technical assistance from a Small Business Development Center counselor
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to have a Google account in order to apply. You can create a new account here.
Criteria for Small Business Grants Requests
- Demonstration that this support will help keep the applicant in business.
- Sound business financial statements
- increased need for technology
- implementing measures to ensure safe social distancing
- “Small businesses” include all businesses located in Nevada County (“bricks and mortar” and homebased businesses) including 501c3 nonprofit organizations.
- Applicants must have been in operation as of March 1, 2020 with operating cash flows, or documented grant/contract revenues at time of forced closure.
- Applicants must have no more than 20 employees/independent contractors or equivalents.
- Applicants must be in good standing with Nevada County and other local jurisdictions with no outstanding fees, debts or warrants.
- All applications must be complete and contain all supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will stay “active” for 90 days from grant submission date and will be rolled over as new grant cycles occur within the active period. Applicants may be asked to renew their financial information if more than 30 days from passed since the original application was submitted.
- New applications may be submitted after expiration of 90 days or a new grant proposal submitted in lieu of an active application from the same organization.
- Applicants may apply to either the Non-Profit “safety net” fund or the Small Business fund but not both in any one cycle.
- Have an available line of credit
- Were insolvent at the time of shutdown
- Have decided not to reopen business or non profit
The Nevada County Relief Fund does not discriminate in its practices in any way, including discrimination based on race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save and return to it.
- Please review the sample application in PDF form by downloading the link here.
- You can then gather your documentation for upload through the Google form.
- Applications are ONLY available to be submitted online. We are NOT able to accept applications by mail or email.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST ROUND OF FUNDING ARE CLOSED